At Oz Education, we provide an outstanding Multisport Program that helps your child build a strong and healthy body and mindset through exposure to different sports. Your child will participate in sport sessions with trained coaches in small groups. Each session includes a nutritional talk, warm up, games, gross motor development, stretches and end of class discussion. All exercises in the Multisport program are specifically developed, age-appropriate, outcome driven and tailored to meet the National Quality Standards (NQS) and the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF).
Type of Sports
AFL/Rugby combine the best of two sporting codes. Your child will develop an understanding of how to kick and pass a ball and develop locomotor functions such as running, jumping, hopping, galloping, rolling, leaping and dodging. At the progressive stage, your child will begin to improve manipulative skills by engaging in kicking, striking and passing of the ball. The AFL ball is not round and its bounce will help children increase their reflexes and coordination. Children will apply fine motor skills to dribble with their hands, while also learning how to bounce and catch an oval ball.
Benefits of Sport
Our on-site Sport program will give your child the opportunity to enjoy the many benefits of learning multi sports including:
- become aware of the basic rules that govern different sports
- develop agility, balance, body and hand-eye coordination
- develop their gross motor, fine motor and loco motor skills
- build and strengthen muscle groups and stamina
- enhance their social skills, sportsmanship, fair play, and respect for each player
- reinforce numeracy and literacy skills through number and colour recognition games