What is the Child Care Subsidy (CCS)?
The new Child Care Subsidy (CCS) will replace the current Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR). Your current CCB and CCR won’t roll over. You will need to register for the new Child Care Subsidy before 2 July if you want to continue getting government subsidies.
If you would like to place your child at Oz Education, please ensure that you submit your enrolment to Oz Education and lodge your assessment prior to your commencement date. You can only claim the Child Care Subsidy from the date you lodge your assessment.
If you have any questions about the CCS before enrolling, please call us at 1300 644 125 or make an appointment.
For more information about the new Child Care Subsidy, please read the useful guide below.
What are the benefits of the new Child Care Subsidy?
The new Child Care Subsidy (CCS) will provide financial assistance to most working parents who rely on child care to:
- work (paid, self-employed and unpaid work in your family business)
- volunteer for work or looking for work
- driving to and from work (not home), to our childcare centre
- do other recognised activities.
The new subsidy will be directly paid to an approved CCS centre like Oz Education, reducing your total fees.
How much Child Care Subsidy are we entitled to?
The new Child Care Subsidy will be activity and income-tested. Three factors will determine your family’s entitlement:
- The hours of recognised activity undertaken by you and your partner per fortnight.
The entitlement is based on the lowest number of hours of activity by a member of a couple, up to a maximum of 100 hours per fortnight for each child. Some individuals and families will be exempted from the activity test.
- Your family’s combined annual income.
- The type of childcare your family chooses.
To find an estimate of your Child Care Subsidy, simply go to Payment and Services Finder.
How do I get ready for the Child Care Subsidy?
If you are a current family with Oz Education, all you have to do is:
- Register with MyGov. If you don’t have one, you will need to create a myGov account.
- Complete an online CCS assessment. (You will need to link your Centrelink account to myGov if you haven’t done so)
- Provide the new information required.
If you have any questions about the CCS before enrolling, please call us at 1300 644 125